Swiggy App, from the name itself this app, recalls all the delicious as well as our favourite food item. Swiggy Food ordering app is one of the most popular apps which probably helps users to order food item from nearby restaurant easily.
Demand for restaurant finder and online food ordering or food delivery is increasing day by day. This digital technology is reshaping the market. As everything is going online and the customer finds it more convenient and transparent method for shopping online and also pay for it through an online payment method.
So due to its high demand, many people are launching their own food delivery marketplace for earning an excessive amount of money. Would you like to launch a Food Delivery marketplace app similar to Swiggy?
If yes then here in this article, we are going to learn all the important points relates to the most popular food delivery app, Swiggy. So let’s begin the discussion:
1) Choosing the right people or area for setting up this business.
2) Partnering with grocery store and restaurant. Building relationships with the restaurant owner.
3) Deciding whether to have drivers on your payroll or contract with drivers the way Swiggy does.
4) Providing various features on your mobile app, because getting more service customers get more comfortable to use your app.
Swiggy is one of the largest and most valuable industries for food ordering and food delivery. Swiggy is on-demand food delivery app, Swiggy also gave the delivery service to the restaurant who don’t have much staff for delivery service.
Let’s discuss, How Swiggy works?
Swiggy works by providing a complete solution for food ordering and food delivery. Swiggy connects the neighbourhood restaurants with the foodies.
Customer can open the app on their smartphone, Checkout various list of restaurant and have a look at dishes of each and every restaurant.
Once the restaurant is selected and the order is placed by customers, a restaurant which has registered in the Swiggy app receives the order detail and start preparing food for the order.
A notification is sent to all the drivers, who are near to the location of customer and restaurant. Then the driver picks up the meal from a restaurant and delivers it to the customers.
How Swiggy make money?
1) Commission:-Swiggy charges a 15%-25% commission on the order received by the restaurant. The percentage of the commission depends on factors like the frequency of orders received the location of a restaurant, the dependency of a restaurant on Swiggy, percentage charged by competitors, penetration to a new city, etc.
2) Delivery charges:-After Swiggy got a stronghold of the market, it started charging for delivery service.
3) Advertising-As with delivery services, Swiggy also started to advertise the restaurant. Swiggy started advertising revenue via two models-Banner promotions and priority listing of the restaurant.
How much does it cost to make an app like Swiggy?
The cost of food ordering app depends on the features you want, the layout of an app, the number of module you want, the technology you want to develop your app in and the additional features you want. Swiggy is a database app, so an app like Swiggy cost more. The range of developing an app like Swiggy is 5000 USD – 8000 USD and it takes 600-800 hours to build an app like Swiggy.