Website is an essential need of any business, nowadays, You can’t think business without website. Business owners, Self-Employed, Individuals, everyone likes to make their website however people still in a dilemma, Which technology is the best suitable for their business website. In this article we will talk on Weebly which is considered as a most usable website store builder.
There will be 2 main types to create website.
1) Use Website builder
2) Use CMS
So, Let’s first talk about Weebly which is very famous store builder:-
- Very use full platform which helps Small business users to create their simple website without any coding.
- You don’t need any kind of coding skills to create your website.
- A user can create their website using drag & drop feature, which is quite handy.
- You don’t need to take care of the maintenance.
- Weebly technical team will do it for you and they are continuously improving the user experience and try to minimize the glitches.
- You don’t need to purchase any kind of hosting.
Now, You might be thinking let’s get started with Weebly. WAIT… Check out this below listed points before you proceed further.
1) If everything is good then Why it’s less popular than any other Open Source platform?
2) Do we really don’t need any designer or developer if we are making a site using Weebly?
3) Is it SEO Friendly?
4) What about the site back up? and so on…
Here are the Cons of using Weebly platform, Hopefully, You will get your answer.
- Weebly is not an Open Source.
- If you like to create a decent site then you need to obtain a premium package.
- You can’t do much customization as per your need.
- Shared hosting.
- There will be no backup.
- you can’t make a big and complex website using Weebly there are so many limitations.
- No user management, registration. Your users can not have their own profile.
- Blog posts shown on the Blog page is fixed at 10. You can not configure it to show more or show fewer posts on your Blog page.
- It Does not support third-party commenting system like Disqus, Facebook comments.
- You can not archive your Blogs. Backup/archive does not work. If your blog is broken, you may end up losing everything.
- No spam protection. You could end up getting a lot of junk and spam if you leave the blog comments open.
- If you have a free website (using their free plan), you will be using Weebly’s domain and not your own. If you want to optimize your site for the search engines and build your brand, this is not ideal.
- Weebly does not allow installation of any software on their site and this is applicable for both free and Pro users.
I hope you will get the basic idea of the Weebly Platform.
Check out this blog, If you would like to know more about Why WordPress is the first choice to make a business website?