Here in this article, we are going to discuss the How much does it Cost to Develop a Grocery Delivery App? As per the increasing digitalization in the market, all the services along with the grocery delivery services are quickly moving towards online platforms.
Having an online platform for grocery delivery apps can be very beneficial for business owners as well as for customers. Grocery Delivery app helps business owners to easily manage all the modules through a single app solution. On other hand, users can also access the services from any place without spending much time visiting a Grocery store.
If we talk about the popularity of the Grocery delivery app or On-demand Grocery delivery app then, In the present time, Online Grocery stores are rapidly increasing and online grocery apps are one of the most popular apps in the market.
Due to the advancement in technology, now it is very easy for retailers to easily sell their food products including groceries, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, beverages and many more items using the online platform like the website and mobile app.
The advancement in the field of technology has also impacted the User lifestyle. Due to the online platform now it is very easy for the user to access all the services like online shopping, food delivery services, and booking of transportation, hotels, and other services easily. Online platforms are time-saving as well as cost-effective.
If we talk about the user interest in the Grocery Delivery app then, People are now refusing to visit the store because they do not have much time and after work, they are so tired of visiting the store by facing traffic and rushing to the malls or grocery mart. So more than 75% of smartphone users are using the grocery delivery app.
In today’s market, there are hundreds and thousands of grocery Store apps available in the google play store and app store. Users can easily access the online grocery services based on their location. Through the grocery app, users can easily check the grocery item, add it to the cart, make an order and the grocery item is delivered to the customer’s doorstep.
Let me list down the Online Grocery Shopping Business Growth in the United States:-
- In 2017, grocery sales were 14.2 billion dollars.
- In 2018, grocery sales were 23.9 billion dollars.
- In 2019, grocery sales were 28.68 billion dollars.
- In 2020, grocery sales were 34.42 billion dollars.
- In 2021, grocery sales will reach 41.31 billion dollars.
- In 2022, grocery sales will reach 49.58 billion dollars.
- In 2023, grocery sales will reach 59.5 billion dollars.
So if you are running any grocery Store then it is a must to have a grocery store app as people are now more inclined towards the grocery store app. As a Grocery Store owner, you need to have a grocery app for generating more profits.
Let me also add some of the information related to the European Online Grocery market size from the year 2016 to 2027.
What is the Grocery Delivery App Market or Industry?
Grocery Delivery app or On-demand grocery delivery app Market as well as Industry is gradually increasing with the time. The grocery delivery app services are gaining popularity and the market size is increasing because it offers the convenient delivery of the services at the customer’s doorstep. Along with this service, this provides a variety of product options as well as quick delivery services to the users.
The market is increasing as the smartphone user’s number is increasing day by day. People are loving online platforms because of their ease of operations and convenient accessibility of the services from any place and at any time.
North America held the largest Online Grocery Market share in the year 2019. And as per the research, the online grocery market size was valued at 190 billion USD in 2019. And it is projected to register a CAGR of 25% from 2020 to 2027.
Before the COVID-19 outbreak, the grocery delivery services had taken a peak towards the increasing demand and popularity in the market. But after the COVID-19, the demand for online grocery delivery app services has drastically increased because of the situation. If you are thinking of investing in developing an On-demand Grocery delivery app or grocery delivery app then this is the right time to move further.
How to choose a business model to build a Grocery Delivery app?
If you have planned to develop a Grocery Delivery app then it is very important to choose the best business model for your Grocery Delivery app. The Business model of the Grocery delivery app consists of three main modules.
- Customer Panel
- Grocery Store Owner module.
- Driver Panel
- Admin panel
User Panel is for the app users. In this Panel, the user can easily search various nearby grocery stores for buying the grocery item, if they find the item in range then they can easily add the product to the cart and buy the products. Users can easily do the payment by using various payment methods.
The nearby store owner gets notified about the order which is placed by the user and they can ready the parcel for delivery. Store owners can easily track the delivery services. Along with managing the delivery services, store owners can also edit or update their product details into the portable for the users.
The driver gets notified about the services. They can easily reject or accept the orders. Inform the Admin of any inconvenience. Access google maps for navigation.
The job of the admin is to manage all the details of the product which is displayed in the app. Admin does the management of the user details like verifying the account, manages the categories and subcategories of the products, does modification and update details if required. Admin can also manage the drivers and delivery services.
What are the benefits of having an Online Grocery Store?
In this present time, due to the evolution of technology people are more inclined towards online services. If we look around then we can observe that all the businesses and industries are now converting their physical stores into online stores for providing more convenience to the customers.
Due to the hectic schedule and busy daily lifestyle, now it is very hard for people to take out time to visit the store for collecting any product including grocery products. After a busy day, no one wants to face the traffic problem and to stand in a long queue for bill payment which is also time-wasting.
If you are running a grocery store then for boosting sales you can launch a personal app for your business as Grofers type of m-commerce helps in gaining more customers which helps you in maximizing your profit.
If you are thinking of initiating a startup in this field then launching a marketplace is one of the best ideas, because Grocery apps are in high demand and this kind of solution is very helpful to the people in today’s world.
There are various benefits of an online Grocery store and this is why people are now converting their physical grocery store into an online grocery store and some entrepreneurs are providing the best online platform solution for purchasing online grocery products.
Let me list down some of the benefits of having an Online Grocery Store in the market:
- Online Grocery Store helps in saving on transportation costs because by having an online platform people don’t have to visit any grocery store.
- Online Grocery stores save the time of the customer as well as Grocery Store Owner. Grocery store owners can easily manage their grocery products and on the other side, customers can easily check the products on their smart screen and make a payment without standing in long queues.
- Online Grocery stores help in saving energy as no one has to worry about the weather, finding parking slots, finding the best grocery stores, and lifting heavy food items. For accessing online grocery stores, a smart screen or internet connection is required.
- In Online grocery stores, people can save their grocery list and make the order whenever required in just one click. Customers can easily check the prices and predict the overall budget before ordering.
- In Online grocery stores, people can buy the grocery product in bulk (which is also beneficial for grocery store owners)as the grocery item is delivered to their doorstep.
- Online Grocery Services are available 24/7, so customers can access these services at any time.
- Online grocery stores help customers to avoid making multiple trips as they can easily access the virtual cart services for adding the products.
- The online grocery Store platform helps users to easily compare the products and their specifications without facing many difficulties.
- In the Online Grocery Store platform, users can easily find the product by using search and filter bars.
- In Online Grocery Store, Customers can easily track their spending and on the other side, the online grocery app owner can track their app performance.
- Online grocery stores provide you with the freedom to shop for grocery items from any place at any time.
- Online grocery stores provide the best quality food services and this is one of the important reasons why people are inclined towards online services.
Benefits of having a Grocery Delivery App to the business:
- Grocery delivery app helps in maintaining and increasing customer loyalty. For increasing loyalty, you can add up some of the features like loyalty bonus, reward points, offers and more.
- Grocery delivery app is also helpful in better customer relationship management.
- Grocery delivery app can be helpful for business owners as they can easily manage the inventory and order management.
Launching a Grocery app is also more beneficial for a launcher, through this kind of platform the owner of the app can easily make money. How?
Here I am listing some of the ways of making money through a Grocery app
- By showing the ads of the third party for promoting and marketing their services at your platform and charge them for it.
- As launching a marketplace app, you have to collaborate with the various grocery store owners, so you can charge them for showing them on the top searches on your platform.
- You can offer premium services, for accessing premium services the user has to pay a little amount of money to the owner.
- You will directly get your commission per order.
What are some of the successful Grocery Delivery apps in the market?
Many of the services are now launching Grocery delivery apps in the market. The Grocery store owners are now shifting their services to online platforms using website development and mobile app development.
With the help of grocery stores now it is easy for people to access grocery apps. In grocery apps, users can easily choose the required groceries items, make online payment and groceries are delivered to their house.
And we talk about the grocery business owners then in the above section we have already listed the benefits of having a Grocery delivery app for your business. So many of the grocery services have launched their services online in the market.
Now there are thousands of grocery apps available in play stores or app stores. Users have various options to purchase groceries by sitting on their couch without facing many difficulties.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss Top 3 grocery apps which provide the best services for buying groceries items from your nearby grocery store:
Instacart is an E-commerce or retails business platform which provides grocery delivery services to the user. Instacart was founded by Apoorva Mehta, Max Mullen and Brandon Leonardo in the year of 2012. Currently, its headquarter is situated in San Francisco, California, United States.
Instacart provides grocery delivery services in the area of the United States and Canada. Instacart offers grocery delivery services via the website and mobile app to around more than 5500 cities. Customers can easily order their groceries and the item is delivered to the customer.
Instacart is available in Android as well as IOS.
Bigbasket is one of the leading online supermarkets. Bigbasket retail platform is founded by Hari Menon. Abhinay Chaudhari, Vipul Parekh, VS Sudhakar and VS Ramesh in the year 2011. The headquarters of Bigbasket is situated in Bengaluru, India.
Bigbasket is one of the most popular supermarket shopping apps which provides the product including farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, household things, Groceries, pet care needs, organic products, Beauty hygiene and many more at the price cost. Bigbasket offers services that deliver the grocery.
Bigbasket is available in Android as well as IOS.
Read More Article : –
How much does it cost to make an app like BigBasket?
Grofers is an Indian startup and an online grocery store that provides grocery delivery services in most of the areas. Grofers online grocery store was founded by Saurabh Kumar and Albinder Dhindsa in the year of 2013. The headquarters of growers is located in Gurugram, India.
Grofers has provided a website or mobile application by which the user can easily check the groceries and order them from the store. The required groceries id delivered to the customer at their scheduled time. Grofer is serving around more than 29 cities of India.
Grofers is available in Android as well as IOS.
What are the essential features of a Grocery Delivery App?
Here in this section, we are going to discuss the features list of a Grocery delivery app. The feature list plays a vital role in the success of any online service. It is highly recommended to add some of the unique features into your Grocery Delivery app to make it successful by launching in the market.
The grocery Delivery app has mainly 4 panels if you are thinking of making a marketplace app. If you are thinking of digitizing your grocery store then 3 panels are enough for you.
For an On-demand Grocery Delivery app, you have to add a Customer panel, Grocery store owners panel, Driver Panel, and Admin panel. For your Grocery Delivery app, you have to add a Customer Panel, Driver Panel, and Grocery Store Panel.
Here I am going to list down and explain all the four-panel which you can add into a Grocery delivery app or On-demand grocery app:-
1. Customer Panel
- Customers can easily set up and manage their profiles.
- Allow the location to the app.
- Can easily check the list of highly purchased products on the home screen.
- Can easily search the product by applying various filters
- Can check the details of the product and price details
- Easily add the product to the cart and purchase.
- Customize the quantity of the product.
- Get various options for payment
- Can easily track the order.
- Can check the history and re-order the purchased product if required.
- Get notified when any new product is introduced or get notified in case of any special offer.
- Can give feedback and review
- Can list down or add daily grocery items in their favourite list.
- Choose delivery services.
- Access the contact details of the grocery store owner.
- Access coupon codes.
- Online chat module for customer support.
2. Grocery Store Owner Panel
- Grocery Store owner registration and login module.
- Can easily manage their store profile
- Product management.
- Can make updates or deletes to their products
- Give customer support.
- Price and details management.
- Order management.
- Payment management.
- Manage the inventory.
- Accept or reject the orders.
- Manage the delivery pick-up point.
- Get notified about the order.
- Manage the reviews and ratings.
3. Driver Panel
For delivery service, Admin can collaborate with various delivery service providers which deliver the parcel to the customers.
Another option is to hire a delivery team, whenever Admin gets the order notification, the nearby delivery boy also gets notified about the details and the location. The delivery team can easily accept and reject the services.
If a Delivery boy has accepted the request then he gets all the information about the pickup point, the number of the products, and delivery location.
- Delivery login module.
- Accept or decline the services.
- Allow location access.
- Get information about the customer.
- Map integration.
- Payment management
- Manage Reviews and ratings.
4. Admin Panel
- Admin Login.
- Manage the dashboard.
- Manage user profile
- Manage the store data
- Inventory management.
- Manage the listing of the products
- Manage the categories
- Manage the subcategories
- Assigning the orders of the users.
- Order management
- Track the order
- Manage the special offer or coupon code.
- Chat Support
- Manage payment
- Invoices generation.
- Manage feedback and reviews.
- Manage and Push notifications.
- Generate reports and analytics
- Ratings and review management.
How Can you Beat up your Competitors in the online grocery store?
As we are living in this digital era, where everyone is converting their physical store into an online platform for generating more revenue and attracting more customers. And due to this, there is tough competition in online grocery stores.
As per the survey, around 50-60 % of the grocery stores have converted their physical grocery store into an online grocery stores. You can’t beat your customers by just providing the online service and best services to your customers, you need to provide unique features which make your online platform different from others.
You can beat your Competitors by providing some advanced features in your app. Let me list down some of the advanced or extra features which make your online grocery store unique from the other:
- Provide coupon code or discount features to the customers on some special occasions.
- Provide them with the premium and subscription model of the app by adding some additional functionality and services.
- Allow your customer to access reorder services for a certain period of time.
- Allow your customer to track the route of services from pick up and dropdown.
- Provide a referrals bonus to your customers.
- On some occasions provide your customer with free delivery services which help you to attract more customers.
The 4 Tips To Expand Grocery Delivery App in the Market:-
If you are thinking of launching a Grocery Delivery app service in the market then you need to know the Top 4 tips which can help you to expand your Grocery Delivery App in the market:-
- Collaborate with various Online Groceries Platforms:- At a very initial phase, it is very important for you to securely deliver the services on time. This will also play the role of trials where you can easily collaborate with the giants of online grocery delivery.
- Offer options of picking up the groceries:-What if your user wants to pick up the grocery on their own while heading to the home? So it is highly recommendable to add such options for your users. Many of the service providers like supermarkets are offering some hours for shopping and also give some special offers which will help you to engage more users online as well as offline stores.
- You can supplement with Grocery Subscriptions Boxes:- Such types of Subscriptions can help in delivering fresh products to the doorstep of the customer by mail every week. This type of system will help you to schedule orders in advance with a fixed supply of items.
- You can integrate the “Dark Store” Concept:- You can automate the process by expanding the picking process. You can take the picking process out of the stores in the so-called Dark Store. This will reduce the chaos in the main store and the customers can easily pick up their orders from the grocery store.
What is the Technology Stack for the development of the Grocery Delivery app?
If you have already decided to launch a Grocery Delivery app then in the above section we have already discussed the costing and its factors. In the factors, we have also listed that the cost highly depends on the Technology you choose for the development of your grocery delivery app or On-demand grocery delivery app.
If you are choosing The App Ideas for your Grocery Delivery app then here I am listing the Technology stack which we are going to offer you for launching a successful Grocery Delivery app or an On-demand Grocery Delivery app:-
- We offer the development of Grocery delivery app services using hybrid technologies like React Native or Flutter.
- We also offer the development of Grocery delivery services using Native Technologies like Java or Kotlin for Android app development and Swift 5 for IOS App Development.
- We offer Backend services development using NodeJS or Laravel technologies.
- We also offer designing services for a Grocery Delivery app using Adobe xD.
The above-mentioned technologies are highly popular and offer the best features or functionality to your grocery delivery app which can help to make it successful in the market. We offer grocery delivery app development services at the best rates with the best designing features.
How much does it cost to Build a Grocery Delivery App?
As we have already discussed some of the key points like the most important features of a grocery delivery app, the business model, and the statistics which play a vital role in the success of the Grocery Delivery app.
If you are thinking of launching a Grocery Delivery app then it is very important to know the cost of developing a successful Grocery Delivery app. The cost of digital solutions highly depends on various factors.
To know the cost of developing a successful Grocery delivery app or On-demand Grocery delivery app then you need to know some of the main factors on which the costing of a Grocery delivery app is highly dependent.
Before knowing the cost, let me list down some of the factors on which the costing of Grocery Delivery app or On-demand Grocery Delivery app is highly dependent:-
- The complexity of the mobile app.
- The size of the mobile app.
- The feature list of a mobile app.
- The functionality of the mobile app.
- The UI/UX designing of the mobile app.
- The technology platforms.
- The Developer’s Experience.
So it is quite impossible to provide the exact cost of developing an On-demand grocery delivery app or Grocery Delivery app. Let me list down the approximate costing as well as a timeline of developing a Successful Grocery Delivery app and On-Demand Grocery app:-
- App Design:- 9 Working Days
- Android App Development:- 25 Working Days
- iOS App Development:- 25 Working Days
- Web Backend & Apis:- 30 Working Days
- Testing, Bug fixing, and Deployment:- 7 Working Days
- The approximate cost of developing a Grocery delivery app is 2000-18000 USD.
Why should you choose The App Ideas For this Grocery App development?
The App Ideas is a leading web and app development company. We are highly experienced in providing the best solution for all kinds of software development services. We provide a robust portfolio of website development, mobile app development, E-commerce platform development, and game development.
If you want an online grocery store website or an online grocery store mobile app then we have a team of skillful developers who provide you with the best solution for grocery software development at the best rates.
Why Choose The App Ideas?
- We have a skilled developer, experienced and expertise, who can develop an app on both the platform (Android or IOS).
- We have a Great portfolio as we have developed many mobile apps or websites for many Niches.
- Agile Development-We follow an agile development process to ensure concurrent testing for optimum performance.
- Great CMS Expertise- We are highly expertise in every different CMS platform, web development framework, and design principle.
- Designing and UI/UX-We boasts of a team of expert developers capable of designing and building the most sophisticated and future-ready UI and UX for a wide variety of apps.
- Meeting Deadline-We strictly follows the project deadline.
- After deployment of the software, we offer three months of free maintenance and support services to our clients.
How our Ready-Made solutions help you in launching a Successful grocery app?
As we have already discussed above, how The App Ideas can help develop a successful Grocery app in the market. We have experience of 5+ years in serving web and app services in the market to various industries and different niches.
We have a team of highly skilled developers who are experts in offering the best services for Website designing and development, mobile application development, web application development, E-commerce development, and Graphic design services.
We have also worked on various projects related to Grocery mobile app development and stratified our customers with our services. We have some ready-made solutions for grocery mobile apps, if your requirements match our ready-made solution then you can get the instant solution at the best cost.
Are you thinking of launching your own successful Grocery Delivery app in the market?
Our Ready-made Solution: Grocery Delivery app
In this article, We have explained all the important factors like the statistics, business model, the unique features, the costing of launching a Grocery delivery app, the Impact of the grocery app in the market, Technology stack, monetization strategies, the development process, costing and more.
You can easily contact us and discuss your ideas with us as we are leading mobile app and web app development. We are highly expert in offering the best software solutions like website design and development, Mobile application development, E-commerce platforms development as well as Grocery Delivery App development.
We are experienced in developing apps of various platforms or categories like Android, Windows, and IOS operating systems. If you are looking for the best On-demand Grocery delivery app development company or Grocery delivery app development services then here we are, feel free to reach us and discuss your ideas with us.
Share This Article