CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management and as per the name suggest, it really helps the business to maintain a relationship with the clients, without CRM, it’s impossible to manage all the customer’s data.
CRM helps us to know the insight of the customer, what are their likes/dislikes, their special days like birthday, anniversaries, how much they were spending, on which items they were spending, from how many months or years they were our valuable customers and many things, it won’t be possible without CRM.
In this article, we will discuss the importance of CRM in restaurants.
Before, We will discuss the importance, let’s discuss the problems faced by the restaurant without a CRM system.
1. It’s not possible to record the customer’s data
2. It won’t be possible to send customized greetings on their birthday and anniversary
3. It’s really difficult to estimate the sales
4. It won’t be possible to offer customized services to our valuable customers
5. We can’t able to maintain the relationship with the customers.
6. It’s difficult to get customers valuable feedback and improve our services.
7. As a restaurant, we should know the prefered food choice of the customers, and that won’t possible without CRM.
And many more.
So, we understand the problems, Now we can focus on solutions. So let’s start with the understanding of the CRM. What is CRM?
CRM is a technology which manages the data of your company’s customers, interaction with their potentials customers, remind us to send greetings on a special occasion, send customised offers on that specific day, help us to forecast the sales. In short, CRM is a system or a tool that helps the business to improve relationships with the customers and it helps to stay connected with the customers, streamline processes and maximize the profit.
Here we are going to discuss the importance of the CRM system in a restaurant?
Generally, Whenever a customer enters in any restaurant, the restaurant gives a menu to them and ask to order food and they delivered it and then the customer is left, it’s simply kind of process. it does not give an extraordinary experience to the customer But when you are using a CRM at that time, you go to the customer with an iPad and ask some details like their name, phone, email, birth date, what’s the occasion today, how many members do you have, anniversary date, birth date of family members and other stuff.
Now, might be you wondering that, is customer willing to provide this information? yes, they are, if you will explain the purpose of this, if you will tell them, we will send customized offers to you and provide X no.of percentage discount from the second time onwards, then they will be surely happy to provide this information.
Once you have all these details with you and you have the food order details with you, at the end of the meal, you can ask for a review, ratings and take feedback on every item and food, what things they like and dislike. the customer is feeling good and also they feel valuable.
In this way, you will have all the details of a customer, now when you are introducing any new food item at that time, you can send them an email or SMS, you can also send offers to them, you can send an invite on their birthday, children’s birthday, anniversary and on every special occasion. you will turn your customers into loyal customers, they will promote your restaurant, they will bring more customers.
Above, I have explained only the one way to get the customers data, you can do the same thing in a digital way via Email, website Or a mobile app.
Why CRM? how it helps to boost the profit of your restaurant? How CRM work?
As in this digital era, everyone is using the software or system by which they can increase the productivity of their restaurant. Do you know, many restaurants are boosting the bottom line by using CRM software that is customisation to their needs and their customers want. Mainly CRM is all the activities, technologies and strategies that restaurant user to manage the data and interaction with their potential customers. To create some loyalty programs and provide some offers and discount to the customers according to their visit or their loyalty to your restaurant. CRM is not only beneficial for large scale restaurant but it is also used by small scale restaurant to increase their profit.
CRM can be implemented by various methods like website, Social media, Telephone calls, Chat, mail, coupon code, text messages and by marketing method.
Types for CRM restaurant owner can be used and increase their profit or productivity:-
1. Operational – The operational system is mainly operating the three component of restaurant which are marketing, sales and service. It frequently deals with the past customer’s data like marketing campaigns, their purchases and service satisfaction of customers.
2. Analytical – Analytical tool is used to analyse the data of all the customers to better understand the current market trends and customers needs. Analytical goal is to improve customer satisfaction.
3. Collaborative – Collaborative CRM is used by restaurant when hey share customers information with other restaurant or this type of CRM is used by restaurant who are in collaboration with different parties.
Why the restaurant must use the CRM system?
Key features of a restaurant CRM system or How CRM Works?
If you are running a small scale restaurant or if you are the owner of a large scale restaurant and if you want to maintain or improve the customer relationship with your business then you should definitely adopt the CRM system which can maintain long term relationship with your customers and increase the productivity and profit of your business.