In this present era, On-demand Taxi booking app services are in high demand because this kind of platform provides advanced services to society. It is very easy for users that by accessing the app services they can call a cab/Taxi to any place at any time.
The evolution of technology has made life simpler for people. Now it’s not necessary to have your own vehicle for travelling because now you can easily book the cab services from their smartphones and call a cab at your place at any time.
Are you thinking of launching an On-demand taxi booking app services?
So today we are going to discuss the On-demand taxi booking app, How it works? and how much does it cost to develop an On-demand Taxi booking app?
In an earlier time, to hail/waving for a taxi is a really tough job and we can also conclude that it is also a time-consuming job. However, a team of people have launched a solution by introducing an Uber-like app in the market. Travis Kalanick and Garrett camp are the founders of Uber cab services. With Uber, now it is easy to hail a taxi or cab by booking the cab by accessing the mobile app services.
Uber has inspired many entrepreneurs to launch their own taxi booking services and Currently, Uber is not the individual player in the market, various on-demand taxi booking apps are launched in the market like Ola, Lyft, Curb, Taxicaller, Gett and many more.
Here are some facts and figure about Uber, a taxi booking app services:
- Currently uber is available in 65 countries and serving more than 600 cities.
- Uber has Completed overall 14 million rides each day.
- Uber has completed over 10 billion trips globally.
- Uber has increased its revenue by up to 43% in 2018.
- In the US,27% of UberX drivers are female.
- Uber Key rival, Lyft brought generated $ 1 billion revenue in 2017 and $2.2 billion in 2018.
- Lyft has more than 1.4 million drivers and served 23 million passengers over a billion rides.
- Uber Asian rival, Grab has generated over $ 1 billion in 2018.
- Grab has 2.8 million drivers.
Currently, Uber’s global market value is $72 billion. And the worldwide taxi market is expected to show a compound annual growth of 9.22 % by 2024.
Is it Still profitable to launch an On-demand Taxi booking app in the market?
Yes, it is still profitable to launch an On-demand Taxi booking app in the market. Due to urbanisation and high standard living, the demand for Taxi booking apps is going to increase in future. And like other On-demand Taxi booking apps services, you can also generate maximum amount of revenue from the platforms.
Let’s know some ways,
How to generate revenue from an on-demand Taxi booking app?
- You can generate revenue from on-demand taxi booking app by charging a commission to the drivers when they accept the ride request.
- You can also earn by charging the commission to the riders for booking a taxi service.
- By collaborating with high brands and promoting them on your platform.
- By providing your platform to local services for displaying their advertisement.
- Providing premium services to users.
- Charging the rides on a kilometer basis.
- Charging extra for premium car services.
- Increase the service rates when the demands get high.
- Offering different price rates for different car models.
- Charging extra money for delays, cancellation of the ride and for changing schedule
- Offering different charges for other delivery services.
How On-demand Taxi booking app services Works?
If you are thinking of launching an On-demand Taxi booking app then firstly you need to understand the working of On-demand apps in Brief:
On-demand Taxi booking apps provide a platform where passengers are directly matched with drivers or service providers. Various non-commercial vehicles drivers get connected to such a platform to provide the services to the riders by registering themselves.
- Whenever anyone wants the cab service then they can book or request the taxi services which are directed to nearby drivers.
- Driver can accept or deny the request of the passenger. In case of rejection, the requests are automatically sent to the next nearest driver available.
- Once the request gets accepted, then passengers and driver get connected with each other for communication.
- After confirmation of rides, the app shows the relevant information of the drivers like arrival time and car registration number.
- Passengers can choose any payment gateway methods for making payment.
What are the key features of an On-demand Taxi booking app?
The On-demand Taxi booking app generally consists of three main panels:
- User panel (Rider)
- Driver panel
- Admin panel
User (Rider) Panel
- User can easily log in and register themselves by using their phone number, e-mail or social media
- Users can simply map the location and check for the nearby available drivers.
- Users can set the pickup location.
- User can also set their dropoff location
- Chat module integration
- Users can access various payment methods to make payment.
- Users can reschedule and cancel the ride.
- Users can give feedback and ratings.
- Users can check their history.
- Users can also access special offers or code.
- A driver can easily register themselves on this platform.
- A driver can simply set up and manage their profile.
- Drivers can set their visibility area and set their status (available/unavailable).
- Chat module integration
- A driver can also check the nearby available drivers.
- Google map integration.
- A driver can easily accept or decline the passenger request.
- A driver can easily check their feedback and reviews
- User profile management.
- Driver profile management
- Admin can check the driver status and reports.
- Admin can check the user status and reports.
- Admin can manage the trip status
- Can manage the ad and promotional activity.
- Admin can manage the revenue earning status and manage reports.
- Admin can check the currently active drivers and ongoing trips.
- Can manage the complaints against drivers.
- Push notification
- Manage special offers.
How much does it cost to develop an On-Demand Taxi Booking app?
The cost of an On-demand Taxi Booking app is depended on some of the factors:
- App designing and development
- Feature and functionality
- Backend development
- Technology (Android, IOS or Both)
- App developer experience.
The App Ideas is one of the leading web and Mobile app development Company. We provide the best IT solution with unique UI/UX designs. We have an experienced group of people who worked on both the technologies (Android as well as IOS)for mobile app development.
We have already developed a solution for an On-Demand Taxi Booking App platform.so let us provide you with the approximate timeline cost of developing an On-Demand Taxi Booking App.
- App Design:- 7 Working Days
- Android App Development:- 25 Working Days
- IOS App Development:- 25 Working Days
- Web Backend & Apis:- 30 Working Days
- Testing, Bug fixing, and Deployment:- 5 Working Days
- The approximate cost of developing an On-Demand Taxi Booking App is 4000-7000 USD.
Share This Article