This digital technology is reshaping the market. As everything is going online and the customer finds it more convenient and transparent method to shop online and pay online and on other side sellers are also saving lots of money by reducing their operational cost and increasing profit by increasing their business reach.
What about the Food Industry? Is digitisation is happening in the food industry?
Yes, After the big players enter in the market, this market change 360°, Big players like Ubereats, zomato, swiggy spent huge money in marketing and due to that, they become successful to attract the new users and make them comfortable in ordering & paying online.
Today, we are going to discuss on Uber-Eats, how to make a food ordering app like uber eats? how much does it cost?
1) Choosing the right target audience.
2) Partnering with grocery store and restaurant. Building relations with the food producer.
3) Deciding whether to have drivers on your payroll or contract with drivers the way Uber Eats does.
4) Choosing the right features for your mobile app
To make an app similar to uber eats, first of all, we need to understand the concept of uber eats.
What is uber eats? Why they are Successful? What kind of services they provide to the restaurant? What is the work flow of Ubereats?
Let’s discuss all the things and understand them in a better way.
The business work model of uber eats given rise to many startups and supported many small scale restaurants to grow their business online. As some restaurants don’t own their own app for food ordering so they collaborate with uber eats and reach to the customer through uber eats app.
The Workflow of uber eats is in between 3 parties-Customers, Restaurant and Delivery service which is provided by uber eats.
Why Ubereats is popular? What kind of special services they provide?
Uber launched an app and named it as Ubereats. This app is all about to order food online and get it at your own place.
Uber Eats plays dual roles- it’s an aggregator as well as a delivery agent. On the one hand, it provides a platform offering access to multiple restaurants through a single online ordering app and on the other hand it has its own logistics network too, which means it also provides a delivery service to many restaurants.
How uber eats make money?
1) Delivery fee from customer:- As they are providing the delivery service, so they charge the delivery fee according to the distance or time.
2) Revenue Sharing from Restaurant: – UberEats earn itself some recurring revenue sharing for the orders fulfilled by UberEats. This ranges from 15% to 40%, depending on the maturity of the market.
3) Advertising income from the restaurant partners:- Ubereats charge their restaurant partners a market fee to come up on the top searches.
What kind of features you require, to build an app like Ubereats:-
The cost of food ordering app depends on the features you want, the layout of an app, the number of module you want, the technology you want to develop your app in and the additional features you want. The range of developing an app like uber eats is 5000 USD – 8000 USD and it takes 120 hours to build an app like Ubereats.
The App ideas is a leading Mobile App Development Company in India with the skilled employees’ team and extensive expertise in the food industry. We have worked on many food ordering & delivery apps projects so we can offer the best price, timeline and quality.
If you want to build an app like Uber-eats or any other types of food ordering apps then don’t wait, feel free to reach us and get a free quote.